Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fly away my spotted butterfly

Fly away my spotted butterfly
Fly away into the velvet blue sky
Follow the musing of your heart
Fly away into fate's overwhelming embrace.

As I sit on the bank of this stream
And listen to the silence of the water
I envy your joyous freedom
I long to be carefree and cheery again.

To caress the reeds with my fingers
To tie my hair in pretty braids
And saunter into the wilderness
To be young, free and without a care in the world.

How I wish I could go back in time
And change destiny’s tale
How I wish I could wipe away every pain
And start on a clean slate again.

Fly away my friend, my muse, my comrade
Fly into the green fields stretching over miles
Follow the wind diligently
Where your dreams dare take you.

In the looking glass, I can see my family back home
Laughing, smiling and ever so comforting
It seems only like yesterday
When I set out to win and to conquer.

But an eternity has passed since
And I am still waiting for the laurels
I have watched the sands of time slip away
And only gathered dust and debris in my lap.

The thunder rolls faintly in the distance
But it hardly bothers me
My soul is ransacked and destroyed
And searches for a soothing balm.

But it feels like looking for a needle in a haystack
The journey has been tedious and wrecked with tests
The frontier between good and evil blurred
And I have endured where I was meant to embrace.

Fly away into the grand horizon
Be bold, be brave, be yourself
Fly away my angel, fly into the unknown
Into the sunshine, into the light, into the Lord’s realm.

A leaf gently swishes into the air
And lands on my cold, cold, hand
Reality hits me like a ton of bricks
Lurking at every corner, it finds an excuse to resurface.

But what if that same reality
Could be altered at my own will
What if sweetness and goodness
Were to come into my life once again?

What if I smiled more?
What if I simply lived more?
What if I took each day as a blessing?
What if I broke into song and cheer?

The grave branches nod in silent agreement
Nothing is lost until the final hour
The more things lack rhyme or reason
The less we understand the Lord’s will.

The greater is this adventure
The more we despair and disappoint
There are chances that hope is just round the corner.
That each wound carries secret healing powers.

I know not where the road will take me
I know not whether tomorrow will ever come
Whether it will be sunshine or rain
Nothing lasts forever, everything fades.

Let me fly away with you my spotted friend
Now is our chance to taste the first pellet of rain
To dance with the pixies and laugh in delight
To forget the world for once and live the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment