Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Ode to London

I love you London
You are my second home
I like your fragrance and your song
I like your murmur and your passion.

The wintry breeze caresses my cheek
As I stuff my cold hands in my pockets
Light snow swirls into a pattern
And drops of water settle on my nose.

I don't care about the cold
I don't care about the hectic schedule
I just love being part of you
I just love to wallow on your embrace.

You chased away my insecurities
And gave me new-found strength
When my spirits were low
You gave me Phoenix wings to fly at my desire.

Now I am a strong, independent woman
Now I am not scared of destiny
Life is pretty much a theatre of dreams
And I love playing the role you've assigned me.

London, you are a cradle of civilisation
A melting-pot of countless cultures
City of mystery, city of opportunities
You never sleep, you never retire into slumber.

City of love, city of adventure
You are the heart and soul of freedom
You are brimming with pride and love
As the seasons fill your bosom with magical spells.

At dawn, you are wide awake
And accompany Londoners in their stride
At dusk, you still bubble with frenzy
And then settle into a quiet evening.

You are effervescent and buoyant
Always looking for a chance to grow
Always welcoming lost souls
And fulfilling errant dreams.

You have bore testimony to so many success stories
Even today, you have sworn to join hands with fate
And bless your dwellers with fulfillment
And watch them reach for the stars.

I bow to your grandeur, city of dreams
I salute your resilience through the tests of history
City of glamour, city of fashion
You will never fade, nor wither, nor die.

No comments:

Post a Comment